Tuesday, April 20, 2010

600 flailing arms and a rainbow of pinnies...


I did it! I managed a run (walk/run, let's be honest)...just one so far, but the knee held up (that makes me sound like i'm 60..sad), and it was longer than I usually do, so yay me! Dallas Rd. is so nice to run along, when you're not getting tangled up in multiple dog leashes or stuck behind people that feel that if they are occupying the path, no one should be in front if them...I LOVE that!

The day was gorgeous, I only stumbled once and took two hits off of my inhailer...just keeping it real, Erin, do you still want to run with me? ;)
I'm nearing the end of the run, it's been about 45 minutes, so I'm obviously delirious and I keep passing all of these pylons, so I think to myself, "hmmm...seems like a weird time of day to have dog obedience classes (why I thought this I will never know)regardless, I carry on running and suddenly I notice 100s of cars parked along the road and again think to myself "is there a dog show on or something?" Dog show...wtf? Why dog show? Anyway, I was completely perplexed by the pylons and the cars and with no acceptable conclusion, I ran on...

That's when I heard it, (the gleeful anticipation)...and then they were upon me and I did my best to steer clear of their tiny bodies with flailing arms, it was most difficult, the arms moved as if independant from their bodies, too skinny and all over the place, one clipped my arm, another my shoulder...

I heard them before I saw them, don't ask me how, 300 little boys running towards me in every colour under the sun, It was like being attacked by a rainbow, a cross country race (oh how I used to love those as a kid) and I was right in the middle of it, running in the opposite direction, I won't lie, I was afraid...how did I not see them? Why didn't anyone tell me to get out of the way? Why was I oblivious to the signs? It was beyond embarrassing, but kind of hilarious at the same time.

We all survived, I high-tailed it with the hopes that no one took my photo in the mayhem...could you imagine.
So the question remailns, will I be running with my ipod so loud tomorrow...ummm, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment