Saturday, April 10, 2010

the horror...


It's happened, it's unsightly, and there is nothing I can do about it...oh the Humanity. I happened to be looking in the mirror this morning and that's when I saw it...an indentation of the most unforgiving kind, above my eyebrow. A wrinkle if you will. It looks deep, cavernous almost and it's right on time, nearly 35 years after the day I was born...it's finally happened, well noticeable to me anyway...oh sure you get the odd line here and there, but this, what is THIS, it looks like a scar on an apple that has been cut into, but then just left on the counter to get all brown and...yes wrinkly. oh dear oh dear. This is the wake up call people, that I haven't been drinking enough water, using enough mosturizer or sun screen that a year and 11 months is long enough to let your baby siphon off your nutrients and rob you of sleep...well there isn't much I can do about that, but metophorically speaking...i could do without it. School is nearly done, I'm nearly done, one more week..i have plans, plans to turn this shipwreck around...you hear that body...this is NOT it for me...I have hopes and dreams and I can come back from this...right?

Is this the birthday panic I remember my mum and her friends talking about when they were about to turn thirty? Is this what that feels like? oh crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment