Thursday, April 22, 2010

runnin' like a Goonie

So I've been thinking (now that I have two whole runs under my belt) that I would really like to take up trail running...well sure it's a bit more dangerous with lots of hills and things sticking out of the earth, but think about it for a second...
Remember when you were a kid, and you would run through trails chasing after the rest of the Goonies, or when you were attempting to outrun killer pygmys in your Indiana Jones getup...no...ummm...ok just me then.

Truth be told trails are where its at and running through them is still fun and I ain't no spring chicken. Oh sure the injuries might be slightly more disasterous, but so worth it, just to check out the views (and you can tell people you run up mountains for fun).

It's still open for debate, however, FYI it's called the Gutbuster Series and it is all over the island...now you tell me that doens't look like fun!

http://www.gutbustertrailrun.com/

I'm just saying maybe we need to incorporate a little more fantasy into our exercise and perhaps we'll want to do it more often...

2 comments: